Visa gift cards are a popular way to gift your loved ones. They’re also a great way to give yourself a little spending money when you’re on vacation or out of town.
But what happens if you want to use more than one Visa gift card on one purchase?
With Visa gift cards, there’s a lot of confusion about whether or not you can combine them. This article will clear up your confusion.
It’ll also help you understand how to use your Visa gift cards for maximum benefit.
Can You Combine Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although different stores have different policies. On Amazon, you must first transfer the amount of your gift card to your Amazon Pay account. To do so, click on “Add Balance” on your Amazon account.
You need to buy a new Walmart gift card and pay for it with your existing gift cards at Walmart. You can combine up to 8 eBay gift cards but not visa cards on eBay.
What Is A Visa Gift Card?
A Visa gift card is a prepaid plastic card that looks like a credit card and has a Visa logo. It is given to someone as a gift or purchased by someone for personal use.
The cardholder can use the card to purchase items or services at any business that accepts Visa credit cards.
You can spend the money on the card until you deplete it. You cannot reload more money onto the card when you’ve depleted it.
You can use visa gift cards to purchase items in-store or online. However, you cannot use visa gift cards for ATM withdrawals.
There are a few different places to buy Visa gift cards in the US.
- One option is at grocery stores. Many supermarkets, such as Walmart, carry Visa gift cards.
- Another option is drugstores. CVS, for example, has a large selection of Visa gift cards.
- You can also buy them online. Several websites, such as GiftCardMall.com, sell Visa gift cards.
All Visa gift cards have a fee based on the gift card’s value.
- $ 2.95 fees for gift cards worth $10.00 to $74.99.
- $3.95 fess for gift cards worth $75.00 to $149.99.
- $ 4.95 fees for gift cards worth $150 to $249.99.
When you think of gift cards, the first thing that comes to mind is probably plastic cards. However, Visa gift cards are not just physical cards. They can also be delivered electronically by email.
This makes them a great option if you want to send a gift but don’t know the recipient’s mailing address. It also allows people to use their gift cards immediately without waiting to arrive in the mail.
Can You Use Multiple Visa Gift Cards In-Store?
Most brick-and-mortar stores will swipe several Visa gift cards for a single purchase. That’s assuming that they accept credit and debit cards.
And that the total balances on the cards should be more than sufficient to cover the purchase.
To use your Visa gift cards to purchase items in-store, present the cards at the time of purchase.
When the cashier swipes the gift card, it will automatically deduct the purchase amount from the balance.
Keep in mind that not all stores accept Visa gift cards, so be sure to check before purchasing.
Can You Combine Visa Gift Cards At Walmart?
No, it’s not possible to do so at Walmart. However, there’s a way for you to consolidate your cards into one. You can buy a new Walmart gift card and pay for it with your existing cards at Walmart.
For instance, a new gift card could cost $50. On the other hand, you have four current gift cards for $10, $10, $15, and $15. You may pay for the new gift card using the four existing gift cards.
Can You Combine Gift Cards On eBay?
Yes, you can combine gift cards on eBay. The maximum amount of gift cards you can combine is 8.
However, this only applies to eBay gift cards. You’re only allowed one gift card at checkout for any other type of gift card. These include Visa, Discover, Amex, and so on.
You will see a prompt to enter the gift card information on the checkout page. You’ll have to enter the card information into the redemption code box one- by -one.
Using Visa Gift Cards Online
Visa gift cards can be a great option when you want to purchase online but don’t have a credit card. Many people like to use Visa gift cards online because they are convenient and secure.
You can use them to purchase items from most online stores, and they’re a popular choice for holiday gifts. However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind when using Visa gift cards online.
- For starters, not all websites accept Visa gift cards as payment.
You’ll need to check the merchant’s website or contact customer service to find out if they accept them.
If they don’t, you have a few options. You can try to find a different store that sells the same product.
Alternatively, you can buy a gift card for the store you want to shop at and use that instead.
- Additionally, you may not be able to use your Visa gift card for all types of purchases. Some merchants only allow you to use them for specific items, like clothing.
- You can’t use them for recurring payments, such as monthly subscriptions.
How To Use Visa Gift Card Online
You can use your card to make purchases online by entering;
- The card number
- Expiration date
- The three-digit security code (CVV).
If you are needed to fill out the name on the card, simply type “Gift Card” into the area given.
If the cost of an item you’re buying online is more than the amount left on your card, they’ll decline your payment. You’ll need to get in touch with the merchant to figure out how to pay the difference.
When purchasing on a business’s website, you usually have two options. You can use a store gift card or pay the remaining balance with a debit or credit card. Several retailer websites allow you to combine many cards into one transaction.
This is known as “partial payment” (paying part of the bill using one method and the rest with another). Or a “split tender transaction” (splitting the transaction into multiple forms of payment).
As long as split-tender transactions include store gift cards, most store internet shopping carts can accept them. You can usually utilize several small balance shop gift cards without difficulty.
Can You Combine Visa Gift Cards On Amazon?
Yes. Although, you must first transfer the amount of your gift card to your Amazon Pay account.
To do so, click on “Add Balance” on your Amazon account. Next, you need to input the codes for each Gift Card one by one.
- Visit the ‘Reload Your Balance’ page on Amazon.
- You will need to enter the value of your Visa gift card.
- Sign in to your Amazon account; this step is essential even if you’re already signed in.
- You’ll get a redirection to a new page. On this page, you’ll click ‘Add a card’ after clicking ‘Edit’ in the payment method box.
You have consolidated your cards into one, and it will be easier to check out.
- One important thing to note is that Amazon does not allow you to divide payments across different credit cards. You may only pay with an Amazon gift card and another payment method!
- You’ll need to put your old Visa gift card to good use to get around this. You can do that by converting it to an Amazon gift card.
Do Visa Gift Cards Expire?
Yes, Visa gift cards do expire. Most expire seven years from the day of activation. The issuer usually prints the expiration date on the front of the card. Upon expiration, your account will be closed by the gift card provider.
You’ll forfeit any unused funds and cannot claim the balance. If your visa gift card expires soon, you have a few last-minute options. You can sell it to someone who will use it immediately or donate it to a charity.
What Should You Do If You lose Your Visa Gift Card?
- If you lose your visa gift card, you should first call the card’s issuer. Most Visa gift cards have a toll-free number that you can call to report the card as stolen.
- You will need to provide the gift card number and other information to the customer service representative.
- They may be able to cancel the gift card, but they will not issue you a new one.
This article explored whether it is possible to combine Visa gift cards. The answer is not as straightforward as it might seem. You’ll have to adhere to each store’s policies since each has a different approach.
We’ve provided a detailed explanation of how you can combine visa gift cards in different stores. We’ve also offered a few tips on getting the most value. We hope this information has been helpful.