Cleaning products have always been a matter of our domestic grocery risk. However, when it comes to the different cleaning products, there are differences between what is safe and what is not.
In this excerpt below, we will be discussing eco-friendly vs. chemical and why you should look for organic. Non-toxic and eco-friendly tag the next time you go to pick a brand-new cleaning product.
Why Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products Are The Way To Go
Here are the best reasons why you should be choosing an eco-friendly cleaning product for your next grocery tour.
- Safe Ingredients: There are eco-friendly cleaners filled with biodegradable ingredients that are safer and better for your household surfaces and have no chance of causing allergic reactions when you accidentally drop them on your skin.
- Reducing Toxic Waste: When you wash your clothes or surfaces, you wash away the residual water along with the product. Toxic products with harsh chemicals can pollute the water or soil.
- Biodegradable Items: There are some companies that manufacture eco-friendly products. Alongside the safety of the customers, they also care about the environment. Not only are their products biodegradable, but their packaging is, too. To ensure that upon disposal, it breaks down properly and helps with the breaking and dissolving within the soil.
- Safe For Children: No matter how much you try to keep them safe, sometimes children do get hold of these items and then swallow them. This is why having eco-friendly cleaning products always helps a household with kids.
- Gentle On The Surfaces: You could never be too cautious about your surface. Especially when you do not even know that these surfaces are already corroding from years of using toxic chemicals, gentle eco-friendly products help save the surfaces from corroding and help protect your brand new renovation for longer times.
- Safer For Pets: You can save your babies from the reach of these products, but protecting your pets from these cleaning products can be a challenge. Especially when you have a curious and hyperactive pet who would make food out of anything, do not worry about them swallowing since they are non-allergic.
- Preserve Air Quality: When you clean your surroundings with toxic chemicals, regular cleaning can also reduce the air quality. This is why switching to eco-friendly cleaning products is important to decrease the volatility of the air. On the other hand, harmful chemical cleaners release volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into the air, which can contribute to indoor air pollution. So, this is your time to make a sound decision.
- Supporting Good Practice: When you start choosing an eco-friendly journey, you also inspire others to do so. Holistic living is now a new trend, which could mean supporting these eco-friendly products will give you a better living and your environment a sustainable chance.
- Personal Satisfaction: Using eco-friendly products can give you a sense of personal satisfaction, knowing that you are making a positive contribution to the health of your family and the environment.
- Long-Term Health Benefits: When you clean your house with the best eco-friendly organic products and wash your clothes with organic detergents, it will give you long-term health benefits. Breathing in toxic chemicals through your clothes or air cannot be a long-term solution. The toxin buildup over the years can cause serious health issues. Thus, make the choice today and switch to an eco-friendly product.
- Reduces Antibiotic Substance: The antibacterial agents in certain cleaning products can harm the ecosystem when released into water bodies. They increase the antibiotic resistance of these waters. Consuming these waters could lead to diseases like Staphylococcus aureus (‘golden staph’ or MRSA) and Neisseria gonorrhoeae. However, good eco-friendly cleaning products are free of such agents, which cause this damage to the ecosystem.
- Reduce Regular Respiratory Irritation: When you are taking these chemical products and diluting them in water for further cleaning, you could suffer from respiratory issues. The tiny particles could enter your nasal cavity and cause allergic reactions, irritation, and redness for hours. This can even worsen your respiratory issues when you wear the same clothes washed with those chemical cleaners.
How To Choose The Right Eco-Friendly Cleaning Choice
The next step is to choose the right eco-friendly cleaning product. It is also essential to have the right company to collaborate with. Someone who believes in sustainability and creating biodegradable products alongside taking care of your customer’s health.
When choosing eco-friendly cleaning products, prioritize those with minimal packaging, biodegradable ingredients, and recognized eco-certifications. Read labels to avoid harmful chemicals like phosphates and VOCs.
Opt for products from reputable brands with transparent ingredient lists. Consider multipurpose cleaners to minimize the number of products needed. Alternatively, make your own cleaners using simple ingredients like vinegar, baking soda, and essential oils. Prioritize efficacy and safety while minimizing environmental impact. Remember, small choices collectively make a big difference for your health and the planet.